Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, December 19, 2016

D&C 58

As I read the instruction and counsel given by the revelation to Joseph Smith in Independence, Missouri, what struck me this morning -

"...he that doeth not anything until he is commanded, and receiveth a commandment with doubtful heart, and keepeth it with slothfulness, the same is damned."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 58:29)

...or in other words, their progress is slowed or stopped.

I felt somewhat accountable and guilty, in a small degree, with this instruction and sensed a need to repent.  There have been times when my direct priesthood leader has given me a "commandment" and I have felt that so called commandment somewhat unnecessary, not applicable, or inappropriate and have ignored it or been quite slothful.