Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, December 09, 2016

D&C 50

As the Lord speaks to some elders of the Church, I sense what He says to them, He is saying to all -

"...verily I say unto you, blessed are you who are now hearing these words of mine from the mouth of my servant, for your sins are forgiven you."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 50:36)

I believer as we read this revelation, We are also hear His words.  We learn that as we do that we -

"...are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 50:40)

The process of repenting, keeping His commandments, and study or hearkening to His words, we receive His grace and knowledge.