Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, December 15, 2016

D&C 55

What caught my attention this morning was the instruction given to W.W. Phelps -

"...you shall be ordained to assist my servant Oliver Cowdery to do the work of printing, and of selecting and writing books for schools in this church, that little children also may receive instruction before me as is pleasing unto me."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 55:4)

I think at first that many would think of general school instruction.  But my thoughts this morning could easily be  counsel for "Primary" and "Sunday School".