Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, December 07, 2016

D&C 49

As the Lord teaches the "shaking quakers" His doctrine, while discussing the meat an abundance of  food for man, He states -

"But it is not given that one man should possess that which is above another, wherefore the world lieth in sin."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 49:20)

As I pondered that, I noticed that this doctrine we given in the midst of a discussion of food or the necessities of life.  My thoughts this morning isn't that one man should not be more rich than another for the Lord had said -

"...the rich have I made..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 38:16)

I believe He is saying that when it comes to the necessities of life, all have an obligation to care for the poor and the needy.