Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

D&C 46

In reading the varying gifts of the Spirit this morning, I decided to note a verse in Romans -

"So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us..."  (New Testament | Romans 12:5 - 6)

In other words, gifts of the Spirit are given by the Savior's grace or enabling power of the atonement.  This follows what I recently have blogged on...that the law of justification comes by His grace and His Spirit.  Thus, gifts of the Spirit falls under being justified.