Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Alma 24

Where much of the tradition of the Lamanites was to murder and plunder.  In other words, they relied heavily for their personal support on the wealth and/or livelihood of others.  Meaning...taking advantage of others for free stuff.

We find as the Lamanites became converted to the Lord, I noticed a change in their values where Mormon writes -

"...that rather than shed the blood of their brethren they would give up their own lives; and rather than take away from a brother they would give unto him; and rather than spend their days in idleness they would labor abundantly with their hands."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 24:18)

If find this change of heart also a result of the Spirit of the Lord.