Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, April 29, 2016

Alma 26

As Ammon marvels and rejoices in he and his brothers great success among the Lamanites, there is much he teaches us.  I would like to touch on just a few thoughts -

"...this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 26:3)

"...for ye did thrust in the sickle, and did reap with your might, yea, all the day long did ye labor; and behold the number of your sheaves!..."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 26:5)

"...I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 26:11 - 12)

Obviously to instruments in the hands of God, one must labor much

What I noticed is how they did that -

"...this because of the power of his word which is in us..."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 26:13)

It is all about teaching and testifying even though we are "nothing".