Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, April 25, 2016

Alma 19

As king Lamoni rises from his three day "sleep", he declares to his wife -

"...Blessed be the name of God, and blessed art thou.
13 For as sure as thou livest, behold, I have seen my Redeemer; and he shall come forth, and be born of a woman, and he shall redeem all mankind who believe on his name."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 19:12 - 13)

A short time later after his wife stood after have "fallen", she exclaimed -

"...with a loud voice, saying: O blessed Jesus, who has saved me from an awful hell!  O blessed God, have mercy on this people!"  (Book of Mormon | Alma 19:29)

One cannot but wonder what happened during the "sleep" or "fallen" experience.  One things for sure, these must have been prepared and possessed a great deal of faith.