Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, April 22, 2016

Alma 18

As Ammon is out tending the king's flock with the king's servants, having had the flock scattered my men at the waters of Sebus, Ammon sees a great opportunity to gain the allegiance of the servants, and ponders -

"...I will show forth my power unto these my fellow–servants, or the power which is in me, in restoring these flocks unto the king, that I may win the hearts of these my fellow–servants, that I may lead them to believe in my words."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 17:29)

As we read that, one cannot help but pause and wonder how Ammon knew he had such power.  Ammon would later ask king Lamoni -

"...Wilt thou hearken unto my words, if I tell thee by what power I do these things? "  (Book of Mormon | Alma 18:22)

He then explained the source of this power -

"...a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge, and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 18:35)

Power then comes through the Holy Ghost by knowledge, faith, and desires to do the will of God.