Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, February 04, 2016

2 Nephi 27

Quoting Isaiah, Nephi speaks of our day that -

"For assuredly as the Lord liveth they shall see that the terrible one is brought to naught, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off;
32 And they that make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of naught."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 27:31 - 32)


In verse 32, is seems to me that the wicked are being chastised as they mock, scorn, twist or suggest that honest men are theirs words are offending.  They seems to trap honest men that speak truth in group settings.  The even twist honest truth that it is ridiculous and politically incorrect.  Is this not happening today?