Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, August 17, 2015

JC - Chapter 7

For my blog of the conception and birth of the Savior, I will note a couple of verses being the words of tje angel, Gabriel -

"...Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."  (New Testament | Luke 1:28)

And -

"...Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."  (New Testament | Luke 1:30 - 35)

In my mind, we learn several things with these words.  Obviously, Mary was a worthy and valiant women.  Mary was a descendant of King David and I'm sure every women in Judah that was a desendant of David thought that they could be, as prophecied, the mother of the Messiah.  Those thoughts must have entered Mary's mind at one time or another.

Last of all, the process was clear.  With Mary being the mother, the Messiah would literally be the Son of God.