Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Revelation 22

After John had seen the destruction and final state of the wicked, he is given a marvelous vision of the final state of the righteous where he shares -

"...I saw a new heaven and a new earth..." (New Testament | Revelation 21:1)

And -

"...I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (New Testament | Revelation 21:2)

"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God." (New Testament | Revelation 21:3)

And of the righteous -

"...God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain..." (New Testament | Revelation 21:4)

"...I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son." (New Testament | Revelation 21:6 - 7)

And then proceeds to describe the beauty and conditions of the "holy city". In addition -

"...he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month..." (New Testament | Revelation 22:1 - 2)

In reading that, one should follow up on Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life. John was also told -

"...my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." (New Testament | Revelation 22:12)

And -

"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." (New Testament | Revelation 22:14)

As John concludes his vision, it is made clear that works and keeping the commandments are essential to those that enter in the city for -

"...let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." (New Testament | Revelation 22:17)