Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Revelation 14

In my reading this morning, as John records the events of angels and the great torment and destruction of the wicked, I couldn't I couldn't help but note "who are they" that are considered the righteous where -

"...These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb."  (New Testament | Revelation 14:4)

"...having his Father's name written in their foreheads."  (New Testament | Revelation 14:1)

...which suggests to me that their focus, desires, and actions are towards Him where  -

"...their mouth was found no guile..."  (New Testament | Revelation 14:5)

These -

"...are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."  (New Testament | Revelation 14:12)

I hope everyone noticed the two conditions, faith and keeping all His commandments for -

"...their works do follow them."  (New Testament | Revelation 14:13)

Those that teach otherwise are wrest the scriptures at their own risk.