Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, August 31, 2015

JC - Chapter 15

As the Pharisees gathered to accuse the Savior of breaking the law of the Sabbath, the Savior asked -

"...Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? "  (New Testament | Mark 3:4)

When we ponder what sign we want to give to the Lord that we are willing to keep the Sabbath day holy, I believe the Savior is suggesting that the Sabbath day is a day set aside to do good.  To -

"...lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees..."  (New Testament | Hebrews 12:12)

In my mind, that is doing good on the Sabbath.