Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, August 24, 2015

JC - Chapter 12

After the Savior had cleansed the temple of the money changers and merchants, He was confronted by Jewish leadership challenging Him -

"...What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?"  (New Testament | John 2:18)

To which the Savior answered concerning the sign -

"...Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."  (New Testament | John 2:19)

To which, John records they responded -

"...Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?"  (New Testament | John 2:20)

We are not privy to the entire discussion, but I believe these Jewish leaders knew exactly what He meant  for when they approached Pontius Pilate after the Savior's cruxificion, they said -

"...we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again."  (New Testament | Matthew 27:63)

I believe that in their conversation, they knew exactly what He meant.