Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, August 21, 2015

JC - Chapter 11

I know that many call the Miracle at Cana as the first miracle Jesus performed, as I read the story, I sense differently.  I'm sure that many feel this is the first miracle because John recorded -

"This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him."  (New Testament | John 2:11)

I believe this is the first miracle His disciples actually witnessed.  But my thoughts would be of that of the Savior's mother were she said -

"...They have no wine."  (New Testament | John 2:3)

Even instructing the servants -

"...Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it."  (New Testament | John 2:5)

Which I sense was an intimation that she needed His divine help.  Obviously she wouldn't have suggested so if she had not witnessed previous miracles   There is little question in my mind as the Savior

"...grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him."  (New Testament | Luke 2:40)

And -

"...increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man."  (New Testament | Luke 2:52)


...He began to exercise this grace and power before his parents.