Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

JC - Chapter 9

I've noted before that after the birth the Savior, that Luke notes -

"...Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart."  (New Testament | Luke 2:19)

Later, as Joseph and Mary return to Jerusalem to seek the 12-year-old Jesus, they - 

"...found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers."  (New Testament | Luke 2:46 - 47)

Luke records that Mary -

"...said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing."  (New Testament | Luke 2:48)

To which a loving Son, not with disrespect, reminded her -

"...How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?"  (New Testament | Luke 2:49)

Obvious to me, Mary had taught Him well.  What I wanted to note was Luke recorded of the Savior -

"...he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart."  (New Testament | Luke 2:51)

Again, Luke tells us that Mary kept this to herself.  As Luke begins his record he shares where he received his writings -

"...as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses..."  (New Testament | Luke 1:2)

I believe Luke is telling us of the story of his birth and this experience at the temple came directly from the mouth of Mary.