Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Acts 3

As Peter and John passed a certain lame man at the temple gate, even as the lame man looked for some type of alms, Peter said -

"...Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee..."  (New Testament | Acts 3:6)

What Peter possessed was faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as well as His priesthood authority.  Many brethren today possess that same faith and authority.  Even though this was a physical healing, I believe it was symbolic to all that possess the priesthood that in exercising their priesthood authority, they not only possess the power to physically heal according to God's will, but they possess the power to spiritually heal through the atonment of Jesus Christ for Peter also explained when question of this power -

"...Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?"  (New Testament | Acts 3:12)

Obviously, it was the power of the priesthood bestowed by the Savior.

Peter then explains how these people of Israel could be also healed -

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord...."  (New Testament | Acts 3:19)

What better way could spiritually healing be described as by "refreshing".  This refreshing comes from the presence of the Lord or the Holy Ghost.  I know that to be true.