Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Jeremiah 25

As the Lord compares good figs to the righteous and evil figs to the wicked, obviously there are still some "good figs", for of the good figs -

"Thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel; Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans for their good.
6  For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up.
7  And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart."  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 24:5 - 7)

I think it is interesting that this period of captivity will be "for their good".  Jeremiah would also prophecy that -
"...these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years."  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 25:11)

Which prophecy was fulfilled.  Jeremiah then prophecies how the all the wicked will be destroyed by the wicked.  Mormon wrote -

"...the judgments of God will overtake the wicked; and it is by the wicked that the wicked are punished; for it is the wicked that stir up the hearts of the children of men unto bloodshed."  (Book of Mormon | Mormon 4:5)

Even in speaking of the false prophets and leaders in our day, the Lord says -

"Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, ye principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel.
35 And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the principal of the flock to escape.
36 A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principal of the flock, shall be heard: for the LORD hath spoiled their pasture."  Old Testament | Jeremiah 25:34 - 36)

The day will come when the Lord will waste the pasture or land of all the wicked.