Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, August 18, 2014

Jeremiah 9

Not only was there rampart immorality and shameless adultery amongst Judah in the days of Jeremiah, but what I find interesting, because if is so rampant in our day, is that -

"...they bend their tongues like their bow for lies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, saith the LORD.
4 Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders.
5 And they will deceive every one his neighbour, and will not speak the truth: they have taught their tongue to speak lies, and weary themselves to commit iniquity.
6 Thine habitation is in the midst of deceit; through deceit they refuse to know me, saith the LORD."  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 9:3 - 6)

And even in all their lies -

"Their tongue is as an arrow shot out; it speaketh deceit: one speaketh peaceably to his neighbour with his mouth, but in heart he layeth his wait."  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 9:8)

In answer to lies and deceits -

"...saith the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?"  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 9:9)

No question, the Lord hates the actions of  a liar.  Jacob taught -

"Wo unto the liar, for he shall be thrust down to hell."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 9:34)

Though this is unrelated, Jeremiah as the question -

"Is there no balm in Gilead..."  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 8:22)

Which is often used in reference to the spiritual healing of the Savior.