Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, August 15, 2014

Jeremiah 6

Just as in our day, the more wicked Judah became, the less shame there was in doing so as Jeremiah asks -

"Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush..."  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 6:15)

And to such -

"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
17 Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken."  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 6:16 - 17)

And because of that -

"I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it."  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 6:19)

And -

"...I will lay stumblingblocks before this people..."  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 6:21)

God is unchanging suggesting that the downfall of Judah will be the same for those in our day.

Speaking of a people that is not ashamed, we find the people of Judah sacrificing per the law of Moses and worshipping at the temple yet at the same time, committing all types of abominations, immorality and idol worship.  Obviously, great hypocrits as Jeremiah chastises -

"...ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.
9 Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not;
10 And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?
11 Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the LORD."  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 7:8 - 11)

Woe unto all those that hide their iniquities and bear vessels of the Lord unworthily.