Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Jeremiah 4

As Judah approaches being "fully ripe" in inquity in that it is apparent that they will not repent, as Jeremiah is about to prophecy and lament the forthcoming destructions, he begins with -

"IF thou wilt return, O Israel, saith the LORD, return unto me: and if thou wilt put away thine abominations out of my sight, then shalt thou not remove.
2 And thou shalt swear, The LORD liveth, in truth, in judgment, and in righteousness; and the nations shall bless themselves in him, and in him shall they glory."  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 4:1 - 2)

Obviously, all nations shall be greatly blessed if they turn to him.  My fear is that our present-day nation continues to follow the path of Judah and when "fully ripe" will reap the same destruction for -

"The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so..."  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 5:31)