Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, August 01, 2014

Isaiah 62

In the last days, the Lord told Isaiah concerning Israel that -

"FOR Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.
2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory..."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 62:1 - 2)

And in addition -

"...I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence..."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 62:6)

Suggesting to me that in the last days there would be prophets, seers, revelators, and priesthood leaders that will be afraid yield sword of justice in defense of the truth and virtue, thus preaching -

"Go through, go through the gates; prepare ye the way of the people; cast up, cast up the highway; gather out the stones; lift up a standard for the people."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 62:10)

In other words, preaching the doctrines of saving ordinances, teaching the narrow way or path, removing the stumbling blocks, and being an example to the people.