Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Isaiah 61

Speaking for the Savior, Isaiah testified concerning the Messiah -

"THE Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD..."  (Pld Testament | Isaiah 61:1 - 2)

The Savior would later declare His divinity, mission, and who he really was by quoting these words which brought declaration of blasphemy.  Isaiah continued concerning the mission of the Savior -

"to comfort all that mourn;
3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 61:2 - 3)

Again, Isaiah refers to people as an analogy of planting and trees.  Again, the House of Israel or his chosen people that will bring Him great glory.  We even see insight of His great endowment that may be had -

"...for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 61:10)

...referring to that which we receive in His holy temples.