Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Isaiah 59

As I read Isaiah, it appears that much of ancient Israel seems to blame God in that they thought He had forsaken them.  But it is always the other way around as the Lord tells them (and us) -

"BEHOLD, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 59:1 - 2)

Thus -

"...we wait for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness, but we walk in darkness.
10 We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes: we stumble at noonday as in the night; we are in desolate places as dead men.
11 We roar all like bears, and mourn sore like doves..."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 59:9 - 11)

And we blame God, that He doesn't hear or save us in our troubles.  But the promises continue as we repent that  -

"...the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 59:20 - 21)

What greater blessing than to have His Spirit upon us and upon our posterity.