Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, July 18, 2014

Isaiah 53

This is one of those chapters that I am surprised survived the translations throughout the years.  Where much seemed lost in ancient scripture, this more clear doctrine survived.  Following my thoughts in previous blogs concerning the development and establishment of "Israel", His chosen people, or His seed, I was impressed with -

"Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 53:10)

This was the key to the plan of salvation.  Obviously it would please the Father.  And not only the Father, but the Savior as -

"He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 53:11)

Is there greater love?  And because of the Infinite atonement -

"Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 53:12)

What great love He has for us in the "He shall divide the spoil" with Israel, the faithful and strong.