Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Isaiah 52

As much as Israel continued to rebel throughout he years, Isaiah prophecies in the latter days -

"Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 52:6)

And they shall acknowledge in righteousness -

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
8 Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 52:7 - 8)

In my mind, seeing eye to eye would be common understanding of gospel doctrine.  They will possess knowledge or the mysteries of the kingdom.  As they do, they shall -

"Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the LORD hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.
10 The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 52:9 - 10)

I personally believe the hastening of the work or preaching of the gospel is His holy are being made bare in the eyes of all natiaons which the commandment -

"Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.
12 For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rereward."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 52:11 - 12)