Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Isaiah 50

I was impressed this morning with the great humility and obedience of the Mortal Messiah.  After having described his pre-mortal omnipotence, He says -

"The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 50:4)

The Son of God acknowledges that He received His god-given abilities from the Father and that He learned of Him.  There appears no apparent pride in Him.  What great lesson we are taught that we too receive all our gifts and abilities from God.  And even having the great burden placed on Him of the Infinite atonement, He shares -

"The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 50:5)

As difficult as it was, he obeyed the will of the Father.  Thus -

"I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
7 ΒΆ For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 50:6 - 7)

The Lord did not fail in His mission.  How grateful we are!