Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Isaiah 16

In follow up to my blog yesterday, Moab struggled with much the same temptations as Israel for Isaiah explains -

"We have heard of the pride of Moab; he is very proud: even of his haughtiness, and his pride, and his wrath: but his lies shall not be so."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 16:6)

For -

"...it shall come to pass, when it is seen that Moab is weary on the high place, that he shall come to his sanctuary to pray; but he shall not prevail."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 16:12)

Again, "high place" is the groves of immorality and idol worship.  It becomes apparent that prophets had warned them previously as I wrote yesterday where -

"This is the word that the LORD hath spoken concerning Moab since that time."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 16:13)

Where prophets had also testified to Moab of the coming of Christ where -

"...in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 16:5)