Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Isaiah 15

Having already addressed the "burden" or destruction of the kingdom of Israel, Babylon, Assyria, and then Syria and others, Isaiah now addresses Moab. 

It is my understanding that the people of Moab are descendents of Moab and descendant of Lot, the nephew of Abraham.  Herein Isaiah declares -

"...Because in the night Ar of Moab is laid waste, and brought to silence; because in the night Kir of Moab is laid waste, and brought to silence;
2 He is gone up to Bajith, and to Dibon, the high places, to weep: Moab shall howl over Nebo, and over Medeba: on all their heads shall be baldness, and every beard cut off."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 15:1 - 2)

Noting the "high places" suggests that Moab was wrapped in the iniquity of Idol worship and immoraility, thus they would become slaves (baldness).

The thoughts that seemed to come to me this morning is that the Lord is holding all these other nations accountable.  This would suggest to me that these nations must have had prophets come amongst them, preaching the doctrine of Christ and calling the people of these nations to repentance.  It is apparent to me that the Lord loved all the children on earth and at different times -

"...sent angels to minister unto the children of men, to make manifest concerning the coming of Christ; and in Christ there should come every good thing.
23 And God also declared unto prophets, by his own mouth, that Christ should come."  (Book of Mormon | Moroni 7:22 - 23)

Where much of Jewish and Christendom focus on the history of the Bible, it is hard for me to believe that there are not records of all these nations where righteous prophets have declared repentance, keeping a record of their ministry.  In my mind it is foolishness to believe that the Bible is the only record and the Lord only prefers Israel and Judah.