Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, December 23, 2013

Genesis 12

Because of the faithfulness of Abraham(Abram), the Lord promised -

"...I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."  (Old Testament | Genesis 12:2 - 3)

This seems to be an initial brief summary of the Abrahamic covenent.  More will be said in later blogs.

I believe the most signficant parts of this covenant is that first, I believe the covenant of a great nation extends beyond death. We know that his posterity is the "House of Israel".  This nation or family will exist throughout the eternities.  This is the family of exaltation.

Second is that "in thee" or in other words, his posterity would all families be blessed.  There is no question that the greatest blessing of his see is the Redeemer of all mankind.  But also the responsibility of faithful members of the Church and the priesthood in the latter days to bring tidings, ordinances, and the same covenants to bless and seal all families on earth.