Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, December 09, 2013

Genesis 1

When I blogged about Abraham 4 in November, I mentioned that it was apparent in Abraham's record that there was a great deal of planning and preparation before the actual creation of the world.  As I am now reading Moses's account in the Old Testament, I noticed that before the animals were to be placed on the earth, he planned -

"Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good."  (Old Testament | Genesis 1:11 - 12)

And then -

"Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth."  (Old Testament | Genesis 1:20 - 22)

Obviously, food or plant life must have been placed on the earth for seal life to "fill" the waters and fowls to "multiply" on the earth.  It becomes apparent to me that long before man was to be placed on the earth, there was a progressive process to sustain mankind.  It seems apparent to me that long before Adam was placed on the earth, the earth, through a natural process, was being filled with all sorts of plant and animal life.  Each of these so called "days" must have been a sufficient time period to begin to fill the earth.  To me, it seems apparent that there was far more life on the earth outside of the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve were placed therein.