Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, December 13, 2013

Genesis 5

As I was reading this morning, there was two verses that caught my attention -

"Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:
29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed."  (Old Testament | Genesis 5:28 - 29)

My thoughts immediately questioned..."how would Noah comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hand, because of the ground which the Lord cursed?"

I went to the Pearl of Great Price and found that in the days of Methusaleh which probably would be in the days of Lamech and Noah -

"...there came forth a great famine into the land, and the Lord cursed the earth with a sore curse, and many of the inhabitants thereof died."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 8:4)

This famine may have been the "curse" that was referred to by Lamech.  But my thoughts are also that before the earth was flooded or baptized, we know the ground was cursed for Adam's sake.  Maybe because of the baptism of the earth, that curse was somewhat lifted and the flood may have made the ground more fertile and easier to work with that previously.  We know that baptism bringeth about a remission of sins...maybe a remission of the curse.

Just a thought.