Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Genesis 7

It is spoken much that Adam and Eve are the parents of all mankind.  We know the by modern revelation that he assisted in the creation of the earth.  Obviously then, Noah and his wife are also the parents of all mankind from his day.  I would assume then that he also had a great part in the creation of the earth.  In fact, his family was the only ones to survive the baptism of the earth.

Of that baptism, we read that -

"...all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights."  (Old Testament | Genesis 7:11 - 12)

And later after the entire earth was covered where -

"...the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered."  (Old Testament | Genesis 7:19 - 20)

That -

"The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained..."  (Old Testament | Genesis 8:2)

Some have wondered how it could rain so heavily that it would flood the earth and how could the atmosphere handle so much water before and afterwards.  In my opinion, the rain had little to do with it.  I believe the "fountains of the great deep" is the answer.  There is no question in my mind that if the core of the earth oceans was raised significantly, there would easily be sufficient water to cover the earth.  As that core would later again settle, the earth higher places would become exposed.  Depending on at what point the core was to settle would change the entire surface of exposed land.