Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, October 11, 2013

Moses 3

This morning I want to focus on two words "meet" and "cleave". 

In my opinion, the word "meet" means -

"to be equal to" and "to come together for a common purpose" as in "meet"ing of the minds.   After Adam was placed in the Garden of Eden, the Father and the Son counciled -

"...the Lord God, said unto mine Only Begotten, that it was not good that the man should be alone; wherefore, I will make an help meet for him."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 3:18)

In other words, the woman as to be of help to Adam as 1) and equal, and 2) and as one he was to come together for a common purpose. 

The second word is "cleave".  Cleave means, not only  -

"to adhere firmly and closely or loyally and unwaveringly"  but also -

 "the act of splitting apart".

The Lord instructed -

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife; and they shall be one flesh."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 3:24)

So not only is the man to adhere firmly to his wife but also seperate himself from all other relationships, which in my mind, that all other relationships should be of less importance.