Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Moses 1

On Monday, a little over two weeks ago, I blogged my remarks in a recent stake conference.  The main theme of those remarks was in regards to having a "high mountain" experience or seeing things from an eternal perspective or better said, God's perspective.

As Moses began a record on his revelations, he stated -

"THE words of God, which he spake unto Moses at a time when Moses was caught up into an exceedingly high mountain..."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:1)

Whether he literally was taken to a high mountain, or his mind was taken to a high mountain, I do not know, but Moses added that  -

"...he saw God face to face, and he talked with him, and the glory of God was upon Moses; therefore Moses could endure his presence."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:2)

In which we learn that one must be quickened or transfigured receiving a higher glory placed upon him or he would be "burned" or could not endure His presence.  It is in this revelation that the Savior told Moses -

"...I am without beginning of days or end of years..."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:3)

Meaning, the Savior has always been and will be forever.  This follows the revelation given to the Prophet Joseph Smith -

"From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years never fail."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 76:4)

Being that we are spirit siblings of the Savior, it would follow that we are without beginning of days or end of years...and we are also the same. 

In this high mountain experience, the Lord says -

"...I will show thee the workmanship of mine hands; but not all, for my works are without end, and also my words, for they never cease."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:4)

It is my opinion that he cannot show all his works because his works and word will continue forever...therefore he cannot show all his works.  From and eternal perspective it seems that when in time does not matter.

As we learn the plan of salvation as Moses receiving an eternal perspective, the tribulations of this life seem to become less and less significant.