Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, October 04, 2013

Moses 1

As most people begin to read the Old Testament, they assume that Moses must have access to some record upon he re-writes the events.  The world is not aware that this history was obtained directly by revelation.

As the Prophet Joseph Smith proceeded with his translation of the Bible, the Lord gave him by revelation, a portion of what happend to Moses that has been lost for the Lord said to Moses -

"...now, Moses, my son, I will speak unto thee concerning this earth upon which thou standest; and thou shalt write the things which I shall speak.
41 And in a day when the children of men shall esteem my words as naught and take many of them from the book which thou shalt write, behold, I will raise up another like unto thee; and they shall be had again among the children of men—among as many as shall believe."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:40 - 41)

I specifically note why two reasons that Moses's experiences are not had amongst men.  The first being that men will esteem his writings as "naught".  We see this much today, as most educators consider his writings irrelevant and not according to what they consider is true science.  Thus many never come to understand these events.  Second, there has always been religious leaders that have removed doctrine that was not in accordance to their desired teachings and control.  Much of what was revealed was hard to understand to those without an eternal perspective.  It is deep stuff!  Not necessarily that which the missionaries would teach in their discussions.  This is why the Lord instructed the Prophet Joseph Smith -

"(These words were spoken unto Moses in the mount, the name of which shall not be known among the children of men. And now they are spoken unto you. Show them not unto any except them that believe. Even so. Amen.)  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:42)

I want to add to this blog a doctrine that I found interesting this morning.  As Moses -

"...lifted up his eyes unto heaven, being filled with the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of the Father and the Son;
25 And calling upon the name of God, he beheld his glory again, for it was upon him..."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:24 - 25)

Being  now  transfigured...and being more in line with the glory of God, Moses tells us, he -

"....cast his eyes and beheld the earth, yea, even all of it; and there was not a particle of it which he did not behold, discerning it by the spirit of God.
28 And he beheld also the inhabitants thereof, and there was not a soul which he beheld not; and he discerned them by the Spirit of God; and their numbers were great, even numberless as the sand upon the sea shore."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:27 - 28)

In the smallest of degree, Moses experienced the Godlike ability to comprehend and love each individual as we have such a difficult ability to understand.  God loves and cares for each of us and hears all our prayers.  The Lord then testifies -

"...all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:35)

I believe these things to be true.