Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, October 07, 2013

Moses 2

In a revelation to Moses, the Lord instructed -

"...now, Moses, my son, I will speak unto thee concerning this earth upon which thou standest; and thou shalt write the things which I shall speak."   (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:40)

Though it was revealed to Moses that -

"...worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose..."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:33)

...it was given to Moses to write the things concerning this earth.  Thus we received the doctrine of creation.  Creation does not necessarily mean to make something out of nothing, only to cause or make something new to exist (Merriam-Webster Dictionary).  Thus -

"...it came to pass that the Lord spake unto Moses, saying: Behold, I reveal unto you concerning this heaven, and this earth; write the words which I speak. I am the Beginning and the End, the Almighty God; by mine Only Begotten I created these things; yea, in the beginning I created the heaven, and the earth upon which thou standest."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 2:1)

It is thus made clear that no matter what explanation or theory man may come up with, the Lord created heaven and earth including all forms of life.  And in doing so he explains -

"...and this I did by the word of my power, and it was done as I spake..."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 2:5)

I believe this is the truth concerning the creation of heaven and earth.