Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, February 25, 2013

D&C 45

In the Book of Revelation, John testified that he heard the voice of an angel declare -

"...Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power..."  (New Testament | Revelation 5:12)

With such power the Savior now tells us that -

"...unto as many as received me gave I power to do many miracles, and to become the sons of God; and even unto them that believed on my name gave I power to obtain eternal life."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 45:8)

The Savior possesses the power to allow us to obtain eternal life if we satisfies His conditions and covenants -

"...even so I have sent mine everlasting covenant into the world, to be a light to the world, and to be a standard for my people, and for the Gentiles to seek to it, and to be a messenger before my face to prepare the way before me."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 45:9)

And then, as if to draw us up to His perspective He says -

"Wherefore, come ye unto it, and with him that cometh I will reason as with men in days of old, and I will show unto you my strong reasoning.
11 Wherefore, hearken ye together and let me show unto you even my wisdom—the wisdom of him whom ye say is the God of Enoch, and his brethren,
12 Who were separated from the earth, and were received unto myself—a city reserved until a day of righteousness shall come..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 45:10 - 12)

Of that day which could even apply to us -

"...a day which was sought for by all holy men, and they found it not because of wickedness and abominations;
13 And confessed they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth;
14 But obtained a promise that they should find it and see it in their flesh."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 45:12 - 14)

I believe as we come unto Him and make and keep this everlasting covenant, even though we may presently live amongst the wicked, the day will come that we will find and live a life of Zion.