Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, June 10, 2011

Acts 9

Humility seems to be a essential attribute to represent the Savior and receive His blessings. Though most Christians marvel at the vision of Saul on the road to Damascus, what seemed to impress me more was how Saul reacted to this vision. I note that after Saul reached Damascus, Saul not only was obedient to the instruction of the Savior, but also -

"...he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink." (New Testament | Acts 9:9)

Saul was a faithful Jew and it is apparent to me that he understood the Law of the Fast. And not only did Saul fast for guidance, but Ananias was told -

"...Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth..." (New Testament | Acts 9:11)

In other words, Saul was deep in fasting and prayer. And because of that Saul -

"...hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight." (New Testament | Acts 9:12)

And I believe because of humble fasting and prayer -

"...Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized." (New Testament | Acts 9:17 - 18)

Priesthood blessings follow those who diligently seek, fast, and pray.