Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, June 03, 2011

Acts 4

As Peter and John, after being placed in jail and then being brought before the high priest and all his kindred, they were asked because they had healed a lame man from birth -

"...By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?" (New Testament | Acts 4:7)

"Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them..." (New Testament | Acts 4:8)

"...by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead..." (New Testament | Acts 4:10)

What I found interesting was the reaction of the religous rulers -

"Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus." (New Testament | Acts 4:13)

I remember while serving in the mission field receiving a distinct and clear revelation, by the power of the Holy Ghost, of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, the calling of the Prophet Joseph Smith, and of greatest importance, that Jesus was the Christ. From that day on, things changed. Being now also "filled with the Holy Ghost", I as never so "bold" in testifying of what I knew was true. The boldness of Peter and John was not the result of bravery, but being filled with the Holy Ghost possessing of testimony of its truth.