Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Acts 2

Before the resurrection of the Savior, it is more than apparent that there were none other that had sufficient power to rise from the dead. John declared -

"...Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power..." (New Testament | Revelation 5:12)

Because of His divinity and through the atonement, the Savior received sufficient power to rise from the dead. Peter explained on the day of pentacost of the Savior -

"Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it." (New Testament | Acts 2:24)

Meaning that He held sufficient power to overcome the world of the spirits of the dead to rise again where no other could. And not only did He now possess such power but also -

"...shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings..." (Old Testament | Malachi 4:2)

...with sufficient power that all may live again. This is evident as Peter shared the words of David as David came to understand -

"Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell..." (New Testament | Acts 2:26 - 27)

...or in other words, leave my soul is prison in the world of spirits of the dead -

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (New Testament | 1 Corinthians 15:22)