Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, May 23, 2011

John 18

Pontius Pilate asked a question that has been on the minds of all great thinkers -

"...What is truth?..." (New Testament | John 18:38)

Most scholars would focus that a truth is a fixed principle, doctrine, or law. But modern day revelation provides the definition -

"...truth is knowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 93:24)

It seems truth is more than a fixed principle, doctrine, or law that is true, but something greater. Knowledge of things as they actually are and will be. Truth then is the knowledge of God and it is the priesthood of God that -

"...holdeth the key of the mysteries of the kingdom, even the key of the knowledge of God." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 84:19)

...which is the key to truth.