Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Mark 6

In follow up to my blog yesterday, Mark even more substantiates the eternal law that faith is required -

"For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them..." (Book of Mormon | Ether 12:12)

We see this doctrine as Jesus taught the people -

"...in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house." (New Testament | Mark 6:4)

These people knew He and His family from His youth. This made it even more difficult for them to have faith in Him saying -

"...From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him." (New Testament | Mark 6:2 - 3)

Thus they lacked or demonstrated any faith in him. Thus the Savior -

"...could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief..." (New Testament | Mark 6:5 - 6)

Another testimony to this doctrine taught by Moroni.