Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Matthew 27

As the Savior close our His mortal life, He said with -

JST Matt. 27:54 ... a loud voice, saying, Father, it is finished, thy will is done, yielded up the ghost." (New Testament:Matthew 27:50)

I find it significant that Matthew recorded at that moment -

"...behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom..." (New Testament | Matthew 27:51)

...suggesting in my mind, the veil which had protected the view or entry into the symbolic Holy of Holies was now open to all mankind to see. I believe this is symbolic that the atonement had now open the door to all to enter the Kingdom of Heaven by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel. Paul taught of -

"...the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all..." (New Testament | Hebrews 9:3)

Of which -

"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh..." (New Testament | Hebrews 10:19 - 20)