Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Matthew 24

Speaking of the last days with all manner of temptations, destructions, and even false teachers (the philosophy of man), the Lord said even -

"...insomuch, that, if possible, they shall deceive the very elect, who are the elect according to the covenant." (Pearl of Great Price | JS-Matthew 1:22)

"According to the covenant", I believe would suggest those that have made sacred covenants are thus elected to promised blessings. To such he did not counsel but commanded -

"...see that ye be not troubled..." (Pearl of Great Price | JS-Matthew 1:23)

We do not become troubled as we head the counsel -

"...whoso treasureth up my word, shall not be deceived..." (Pearl of Great Price | JS-Matthew 1:37)

For -

"...my words shall not pass away, but all shall be fulfilled." (Pearl of Great Price | JS-Matthew 1:35)

Recently, the Church has been issued a new handbook 2 of instructions available to the entire Church. Not only have we been commanded to "treasure" up the scriptures, but I believe we are to "treasure up [His] word" in this handbook of instructions. In doing so, we shall not be deceeived.