Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Matthew 23

I was touched with the closing remarks of the Savior to the Jewish leaders at the temple -

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" (New Testament | Matthew 23:37)

It seemed as of the Savior knew that He had done all to help them understand the prophecies and the whole purpose and meaning of life and now, in His own house, He could do or say nothing else to change their minds, desires, or lead them to repentance. Knowing what was yet to come, I find it interesting what the Savior said next -

"Behold, your house is left unto you desolate." (New Testament | Matthew 23:38)

It was now there house. He would claim it no more. The temple was no longer a House of the Lord.