Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, December 13, 2010

D&C 124

In reference to Lyman Wight, the Lord said -

"...continue in preaching for Zion, in the spirit of meekness, confessing me before the world; and I will bear him up as on eagles' wings; and he shall beget glory and honor to himself and unto my name." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 124:18)

And then the Lord says something very interesting -

"...when he shall finish his work I may receive him unto myself, even as I did my servant David Patten, who is with me at this time, and also my servant Edward Partridge, and also my aged servant Joseph Smith, Sen..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 124:19)

It seems apparent to me that the wording "I may receive him unto myself" was referring to death. And then the Lord states -

"I am the Lord your God, and will save all those of your brethren who have been pure in heart, and have been slain in the land of Missouri, saith the Lord." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 124:54)

It would then reason that in death, when the Lord receives one unto himself, that it is synonymous to being saved in His kingdom. Being one that is saved, being pure in heart, and received of the Lord to substantiate the belief -

"We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel." (Pearl of Great Price | Articles of Faith 1:3)