Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

D&C 111

As the Prophet and several priesthood leaders visited Salem, Massachusetts, in hopes to relieve some of their debts, the Prophet received this very interesting revelation. As the Lord initiated this revelation, He said -

"I, THE Lord your God, am not displeased with your coming this journey, notwithstanding your follies." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 111:1)

It seems that the Lord was pleased that they were trying to do everything they though they should, but also that in their efforts, they just hadn't quite gotten it or understood the ways of the Lord as He said -

"Concern not yourselves about your debts, for I will give you power to pay them." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 111:5)

But in doing so, the Lord gives this interesting counsel -

"...be ye as wise as serpents and yet without sin; and I will order all things for your good, as fast as ye are able to receive them." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 111:11)


It seems clear that His servants are to actively and worthily learn and strive to use wisdom in their decisions. And by doing so, the Lord will work out all things for our good.