Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, December 06, 2010

D&C 121

The Savior said during His mortal ministry -

"...An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign..." (New Testament | Matthew 12:39)

And in modern day -

"...I, the Lord, am not pleased with those among you who have sought after signs and wonders for faith, and not for the good of men unto my glory." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 63:12)

And even though many signs have been given -


"...he that seeketh signs shall see signs, but not unto salvation." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 63:7)

In other words, in my mind, they are blind to such and availeth them nothing, for signs -

"...are given for the benefit of those who love me and keep all my commandments, and him that seeketh so to do; that all may be benefited that seek or that ask of me, that ask and not for a sign that they may consume it upon their lusts." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 46:9)

As the Prophet Joseph Smith suffered in Liberty Jail, the Lord explained this same doctrine -

"...that God hath set his hand and seal to change the times and seasons, and to blind their minds, that they may not understand his marvelous workings; that he may prove them also and take them in their own craftiness;
13 Also because their hearts are corrupted..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 121:12 - 13)

The Lord prophecied as a sign of the corrupt that had born false witness, even -

"...they who do charge thee with transgression, their hope shall be blasted, and their prospects shall melt away as the hoar frost melteth before the burning rays of the rising sun..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 121:11)

This was a sign that the corrupt would never see because of their blindness of their minds.